Main Article Content
The implementation of new curriculum of health courses in private universities is a complex task. The pedagogical concepts in these institutions conform to the knowledge economy, being heavily influenced by the internationalization of education and the market designs becomes important in the vocational training from a qualitative point of view. This logic, growing between higher education institutions in Brazil, influences not only the principles of design and implementation of curricular models, but the pedagogical strategies, instruments, and relationships education population of teacher‑student‑institution. This article discusses some of the historical and contemporary aspects involved in designing the University in Brazil and some of the impacts determined by the internationalization of higher education. We note that in the process of internationalization of higher education, the Brazilian private university experience an asymmetrical relationship with the core countries, occupying a subordinate position, submitting to the decisions of transnational corporations.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY) that allows others to share and adapt the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
2. Fávero MLA. A Universidade no Brasil: das origens à Reforma Universitária de 1968. Educar. 2006;(28):17‑36.
3. Paim A. Por uma Universidade no Rio de Janeiro. In: Schwartzman S. Universidade e Instituições Científicas no Rio de Janeiro. Brasília: Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq); 1982; p.17‑96.
4. Martins L. A gênese de uma intelligentzia: os intelectuais e a política no Brasil. Rev Bras Ciênc Sociais. 1987:2(4):65-87.
5. Chaui M. A reforma do ensino. Discurso. 1978;8:148‑59.
6. Alves MM. Beabá dos MEC-USAID Rio de Janeiro: Gernasa, 1968.
7. Sguissardi, V. Educação superior no limiar do novo século: traços internacionais e marcas domésticas. Revista Diálogo Educacional. 2002;3(7):121‑44.
8. Sobrinho JD. Universidade e novos modos de produção, circulação e aplicação do conhecimento. Avaliação. 2014;19(3):643 62. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S1414 40772014000300007